Stafford Group report on head lice
The "Stafford Group" of the Public Health Medicine Environment Group published detailed information on the control of head lice.
The full report, "Head Lice: a report for Consultants in Communicable Disease Control" is available via
PHMEG website -> PHMEG documents (guidance, policy, consultation) -> Head lice guidance (Stafford document)
- Public Health in England: the report of the Committee of Inquiry into the Future Development of the Public Health Function. - Acheson Report
- DoH circular HC(88)648. Health Services Management, Health of the population: responsibilities of Health Authorities. London: Department of Health, 1988] CCDC (initially district control of infection officer) posts created, in DHAs. Also recommended establishing schools of public health to train CsCDC. Failed to clarify relationship between CsCDC and EHOs.
- Department of Health and the Department of Social Security split.
- Charges for eye tests and dental check-ups.
- Guidelines for the safe and secure handling of medicines: a report to the Secretary of State for Social Services. - Duthie Report
Nobel Prize Physiology/Medicine
Combined Measles, Mumps and Rubella as MMR was added to the standard immunisation schedule in the UK.