Traditionally the Apple Mac has been seen as the 'easiest' operating system to use for complete beginners who want a trouble-free experience. Is blessed with a very intuitive interface, and since the introduction of the Darwin project for Mac OSX, has become very reliable and virus-resistant - as well as being easy to use.
Being a smaller market, and using a closed-source paradigm for development - with small exceptions, such as the KHTML engine for the Safari browser, there is generally a paucity of third-party software, particularly games.
The UK apple site is http://www.apple.com/uk/
Some questions still get asked about how to do stuff with a Mac, such as:
- "Where can I get a cheap copy of a Microsoft software to use at home?"
- "How can I save my favourite BBC radio show to my computer?"
- "Do I have to worry about these virus thingys?"
- "Where can I find good tutorials for the Mac?"
- "Microsoft have stopped developing Internet Explorer for macs! What browser should I use now??"
- "I need help with getting Powerpoint to work properly."