Web Resources for Carotid endarterectomy
Relevant Clinical Literature
Wikipedia on Carotid endarterectomy (Less technical, ? quality control)
UpToDate® on Carotid endarterectomy (Technical, SUBSCRIPTION)
This article is a stub. Please feel free to expand it and make it more encyclopaedic.
- ↑ North American Symptomatic Carotid Endarterectomy Trial. Methods, patient characteristics, and progress. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. 1991 Jun; 22(6):711-20.
- ↑ Beneficial effect of carotid endarterectomy in symptomatic patients with high-grade carotid stenosis. North American Symptomatic Carotid Endarterectomy Trial Collaborators. The New England journal of medicine. 1991 Aug 15; 325(7):445-53.
- ↑ Randomised trial of endarterectomy for recently symptomatic carotid stenosis: final results of the MRC European Carotid Surgery Trial (ECST) Lancet. 1998 May 9; 351(9113):1379-87.
- ↑ Cina CS, Clase CM, Haynes RB. Carotid endarterectomy for symptomatic carotid stenosis. Cochrane database of systematic reviews (Online). 2000; (2):CD001081.(Link to article – subscription may be required.)
- ↑ Halliday A, Mansfield A, Marro J, Peto C, Peto R, Potter J, Thomas D. Prevention of disabling and fatal strokes by successful carotid endarterectomy in patients without recent neurological symptoms: randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2004 May 8; 363(9420):1491-502.(Link to article – subscription may be required.)
- ↑ Chambers BR, Donnan GA. Carotid endarterectomy for asymptomatic carotid stenosis. Cochrane database of systematic reviews (Online). 2005; (4):CD001923.(Epub) (Link to article – subscription may be required.)