Entities in Class
Web Resources for 5HT1B/1D agonists
Relevant Clinical Literature
Often termed 5HT1 antagonists (which is actually a more general class) the 5HT1B/1D antagonists all have activity in acute migraine.
- Little experience in elderly (over 65 years)
- Should be used as monotherapy in acute migraine
- Effectively using more than one of class in 24 hours is not a very good idea
- Ischaemic heart disease
- Previous myocardial infarction
- Prinzmetal's angina
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Effectively in cerebrovascular disease and peripheral vascular disease but see manufacturers literature
- Pressure or tightness throat or chest
- Effectively several others such as dry mouth, rarely any organ ischaemia but see manufacturers literature
This category has only the following subcategory.