A wide range of other drugs, including most immunosuppressives have either less specific cytokine inhibitory action, do this through diverse mechanisms, or a single mechanism that may have therapeutic application. Some examples are:
- Pimecrolimus and Tacrolimus
- phosphodiesterase type IV inhibitors
- Pentoxifylline (a general phosphodiesterase inhibitor)
- ↑ Aricha R, Feferman T, Souroujon MC, Fuchs S. Overexpression of phosphodiesterases in experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis: suppression of disease by a phosphodiesterase inhibitor. The FASEB journal : official publication of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology. 2006;20:374-6. (Direct link – subscription may be required.)
- ↑ Barsig J, Yam G, Lehner MD, Beume R. Methotrexate treatment suppresses local cytokine and chemokine production in rat adjuvant arthritis. Drugs under experimental and clinical research. 2005;31:7-11.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.