Although radiology started as a primarily diagnostic specialty, advances in instrumentation and equipment now permit a variety of interventional procedures to be carried out in conjunction with conventional imaging. Examples include:
- angioplasty during angiograms for peripheral vascular disease
- endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- CT guided biopsies of lung lesions
- ultrasound guided biopsies of intra-abdominal collections
- platinum coiling of intra-cerebral berry aneurysms
Pages in category "Interventional radiology"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.