The medical discipline of visualizing the interior of the human body in life using, in the early days of the speciality, X rays, but in more recent times, techniques now encompass radioisotopes, ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging.
Although radiology started as a primarily diagnostic specialty, advances in instrumentation and equipment now permit a variety of interventional procedures to be carried out in conjunction with conventional imaging. Examples include:
- angioplasty during angiograms for peripheral vascular disease
- endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- CT guided biopsies of lung lesions
- ultrasound guided biopsies of intra-abdominal collections
- platinum coiling of intra-cerebral berry aneurysms
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Radiology"
The following 71 pages are in this category, out of 71 total.