Commission for Social Care Inspection
This article is a work in progress. Please feel free to contribute to it.
The Commission for Social Care Inspection no longer exists, having morphed into the Care Quality Commission. It used to be responsible for inspecting and reporting on care services and councils.
They inspect care homes - and as a useful by-product of doing so, has a website that permits you to search for the following types of establishment, by postcode:
- Adoption - voluntary agencies
- Adult placement schemes
- Boarding schools
- Care homes (including nursing homes and residential homes)
- Domiciliary care agencies
- Fostering (local authority service)
- Fostering (independent agencies)
- Further education colleges
- Nurses agencies
- Residential family centres
- Residential special schools.
This can be quite useful, if you are trying to find details of such establishments - or, e.g., need to make a complaint about one of them.