Many contraindications of various contraceptive methods (including combined oral contraceptive pill) are listed in pages 13-19 of UKMEC 2005.
- (male) condom
- Female condom eg "Femidom"
- Cap or diaphragm
- Cling-film and polythene bags are less reliable and effective.
- combined oral contraceptive COCP
- progestogen only pill POP
- Post-partum contraception
- depot injection
Intra uterine device (IUD)
Duration - stopping contraception
- ↑ Clinical Effectiveness Unit of the Faculty of Family Planning and Reproductive Heath Care. UK medical eligibility for contraceptive use (UKMEC 2005). London: Faculty of Family Planning and Reproductive Heath Care of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2006
- ↑ Moore W. Searching for Dr condom. BMJ (Clinical research ed.). 2008; 337:a1166.(Epub)
- ↑ Mystery over age of the 'oldest mother'