Other Names, such as IUPAC Name
Important Issues in Man
- Molecular Weight: 300,000
- Normal plasma concentration 3000 μg/ml
- 30% of normal concentration required for haemostasis
Relevant Clinical Literature
Wikipedia on Fibrinogen (Less technical, ? quality control)
- Congentially inherited syndromes with dysfunctional fibrinogen and rarely, afibrinogenaemia.
- Massive transfusion
- Consumptive coagulopathies such as disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) can consume enough fibrinogen that transfusion in the form of freshly frozen plasma (FFP) or cyroprecipitate is required.