Health and social care bill 2011
This article is a stub. Please feel free to expand it and make it more encyclopaedic.
The bill was opposed by the British Medical Association and the Royal College of Nursing. Clare Gerada, President of the Royal College of General Practitioners is an outspoken critic, and the RCGP snapshot of its members views published on 10 October 2011 suggests its members mostly oppose the bill.
Relatively few medical Royal Colleges opposed the bill outright, at least initially, feeling it better to lobby to improve the bill, rather than to block it altogether. By the end of January 2012, however, their views against the bill seem to becoming more inclined to oppose it.
The King's Fund, by contrast, appears to support the bill.
- Health and Social Care Bill 2011 page at the Department of Health web site.
- Health and Social Care Bill 2011 page at the parliament.uk web site.
- Health and Social Care Bill 2011 page at Wikipedia
- Abetternhs's Blog, by Jonathon Tomlinson, including links to various "Comprehensive guides to the NHS proposals"
- Allyson Pollock's briefings for the house of lords on the bill.
- Bevan's Run blog (set up by Clive Peedell to protest against the bill).
- "Keep our NHS public" web siteincluding "Unpicking the Spin".
- "Health professionals for NHS" web site, with a "a repository of policy analyses and briefing documents for the Health and Social Care Bill 2011."
- ↑ ERROR: Unable to contact Pubmed. This may be transient - please try again later. If this error recurs, please contact a ganfyd admin.(for PMID: 21903253 )
- ↑ What's So Bad About the Health & Social Care Bill? Keep Our NHS Public. 2012 (Jan 27). Last viewed 2012 (Jan 2012)
- ↑ Tom Chivers. Lansley's NHS bill is unnecessary, incomprehensible and possibly illegal. Other than that it's great Telegraph On Line. 2012 (last updated February 1st, 2012. Last viewed February 1st, 2012)
- ↑ Éoin Clarke (ed). The Green Benches (blog). Last updated 2012 (2 February). Last viewed 2012 (3 February).
- ↑ John Lister. Health and Social Care Bill: Unpicking the spin. 2012. Last viewed 3 Feb 2012.