Interstitial pneumonitis is essentially scarring (fibrosis) in the space between pneumocytes. There are multiple causes including infections and toxins and multiple recognised diseases. The term may be used interchangeably with interstitial pneumonia.
- Usual interstitial pneumonia
- Acute interstitial pneumonitis (AIP)
- Desquamative interstitial pneumonia (DIP)
- Lymphocytic interstitial pneumonia (LIP)
- Nonspecific interstitial pneumonitis (NSIP)
This article is a stub. Please feel free to expand it and make it more encyclopaedic.