This article is a stub. Please feel free to expand it and make it more encyclopaedic.
Journal clubs are widely believed to be an excellent way of maintaining and improving clinical knowledge.
The benefits for trainees include:
- learning how to critically read scientific papers
- learning more about a topic or subject
- keeping up to date with the latest developments in a certain field
- learning about study design
- improving understanding of statistics
- learning how to forma structured critique of a study/paper
- practice in giving oral presentations
- practice in answering questions
See the critical appraisal page for guidance on how to appraise a journal article.