Links to external training resources
This article is a work in progress. Please feel free to contribute to it.
- Memorable Medicine website - a social networking site with a wealth of concise revision notes, quizzes, glossaries and games for medical students and junior doctors.
- Supercourse lectures - a wide range of lectures, some of which can be downloaded as Powerpoint slides.
- Course rating website - course rating website for trainees. Get opinions on courses for all specialties from colleagues who have attended them.
Speciality-specific training sites
- AnaesthesiaUK "an educational site with training resources for anaesthetic professionals. It provides interactive practice questions, journal abstracts and reference articles for the Primary FRCA, Final FRCA, Irish FCARCSI, American Board examinations..."
- GP Notebook - not primarily a training site, but "an online encyclopaedia of medicine that provides a trusted immediate reference resource for clinicians in the UK and internationally".
- Prodigy website (or here).
- GP Trainee Forum "A forum for discussing issues and exams but also a platform for sharing resources""'
Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Busy SpR "Your professional on-line learning experience for Obstetricians and Gynaecologists""'.
- Surgical Tutor] "This site contains educational material aimed at those preparing for undergraduate and postgraduate surgical examinations. It includes clinical tutorials, a journal club, multiple choice questions, revision notes, slide library, discussion group and more..."