Pituitary gland biopsies can reveal perivascular mast cells and lymphoplasmacytic infiltration surrounding atrophic acini. The histology is distinct from that of granulomatous or xanthomatous hypophysitis. The involvement of the posterior lobe and pituitary stalk may result in diabetes insipidus as a clinical sign. MRI may show disappearance of hyperintensity signals on T1-weighted images.
- ↑ Tarvainen M, Mäkelä S, Mustonen J, Jaatinen P. Autoimmune polyendocrinopathy and hypophysitis after Puumala hantavirus infection. Endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism case reports. 2016; 2016:.(Print-Electronic)
- ↑ Köessler T, Olivier T, Fertani S, Marinari E, Dutoit V, Dietrich PY. Ipilimumab-related hypophysitis may precede severe CNS immune attack. Annals of oncology : official journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology. 2016 Oct; 27(10):1975-1976.(Print-Electronic) (Link to article – subscription may be required.)
- ↑ Okano Y, Satoh T, Horiguchi K, Toyoda M, Osaki A, Matsumoto S, Tomaru T, Nakajima Y, Ishii S, Ozawa A, Shibusawa N, Shimada T, Higuchi T, Chikamatsu K, Yamada M. Nivolumab-induced hypophysitis in a patient with advanced malignant melanoma. Endocrine journal. 2016 Oct; 63(10):905-912.(Print-Electronic)
- ↑ Hayashi Y, Oishi M, Kita D, Watanabe T, Tachibana O, Hamada J. Pure Lymphocytic Infundibuloneurohypophysitis Caused by the Rupture of Rathke's Cleft Cyst: Report of 2 Cases and Review of the Literature. Turkish neurosurgery. 2015 ; 25(2):332-336.(Print) (Link to article – subscription may be required.)
- ↑ Iwata N, Iwama S, Sugimura Y, Yasuda Y, Nakashima K, Takeuchi S, Hagiwara D, Ito Y, Suga H, Goto M, Banno R, Caturegli P, Koike T, Oshida Y, Arima H. Anti-pituitary antibodies against corticotrophs in IgG4-related hypophysitis. Pituitary. 2016 Nov.(Print-Electronic)