Charities with help lines
Charities with help lines can be very useful when there are cases of possible or proven meningitis, especially when there are anxious relatives. People can ring them, and will receive sensible advice, and can be sent literature, or even (via at least one of the charities) be offered bereavement support if a relative dies.
The two charities below both run excellent, 24-hour help lines.
Meningitis Research Foundation
- UK: 080 8800 3344 (freephone number), and
- Republic of Ireland: 1890 41 33 44 (calls charged at local rates).
- UK: 0845 6000 800 (calls charged at local rates)
- Republic of Ireland: 1800 523 196 (Freephone)
- Australia: 1800 129 068 (Free Call)
- New Zealand: 0800 446 087(Freephone)
- International: +44 870 124 7000