Should the start of this page not include:
The genus Ebolavirus presently has the following known species:
- Zaire ebolavirus (ZEBOV)...
rather than the bare "ZEBOV..."
To faciliate the change, if others agree:
The genus Ebolavirus presently has the following known species (named after the places where they were first identified):
- Zaire ebolavirus (ZEBOV)
- Sudan ebolavirus (SEBOV )
- Reston ebolavirus (REBOV)
- Cote d'Ivoire ebolavirus (CIEBOV)
- Bundibugyo ebolavirus (BEBOV - named after Bundibugyo in Western Uganda)
--Penglish 14:04, 11 August 2014 (BST)
- OK, I've edited the introductory section, as well as adding a section about the 2014 outbreak, with a timeline adapted from BMJ (and referenced).
--Penglish 12:33, 12 August 2014 (BST)